Chula Vista, CA
90% Solar Powered
Downtown Chula Vista’s landmark Gateway Center was the city’s first and largest commercial project to invest in solar energy using the Clean Energy Chula Vista (PACE) program. Backed by more than $1.3 million in Ygrene PACE financing, owners of the five-story business center completed the successful installation of 1,054 Sun Power rooftop solar panels (15 inverters) generating 344+ kW of power in early 2015. Solar now supplies 90% of the power required by building management and tenants, for an expected 40% reduction in energy costs annually.
"It’s very gratifying to see a solar project of this magnitude come together. It will certainly be an asset to the building, its tenants and the community as a whole. It’s my desire to see this project become the catalyst for many future projects in the South Bay Area."
- Jim Pieri, President, Mountain West Real Estate and Gateway Center Owner
- Mary Casillas Salas, Mayor of Chula Vista
Smarter And Easier Than Credit-Based Financing
Now it’s easier and more affordable than ever to improve your cash flow, reduce your costs—and increase the comfort, safety and value of your commercial property. Ygrene offers 100% no money down financing for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and, in certain locations, water conservation, electric vehicle charging stations and seismic upgrades to commercial buildings.
- Retain capital with 100% financing of eligible improvements and fixed terms up to 30 years
- Fast approvals. Usually within five business days
- Defer first payment up to a year or more
- Off balance sheet, nonrecourse, property tax-based financing
- Pass through payments. Special tax payments can be passed through under most net leases
- No personal guarantees, financial statements, rent rolls or lender consent required